Santa Cruz Ave, thru Sand Hill to the “Y” at Alameda de las Pulgas, is a short 1,200 foot section of road way that experiences a very high accident rate, injuries, costly property damage, and deaths. The paramount safety issue is speed and it is compounded by:
- Excessively High accident rates (documented)
- High number of cyclists and pedestrians - especially senior and school age
- Driveways double the number for which the CVC recommends lower speeds
- Senior Center with 120+ seniors
- Confusing and unusual road conditions (curve, lane configuration changes)
- Unsafe crosswalks - partially due to speed, visibility, and design
The high speed is a known problem and police, CHP, and Fire District all agree it is the main problem causing accidents here and a critical safety issue.
Click on the File link below to see the full Safety Issue and proposed solution options. Have a suggestion or concern? Enter your Comment below.