While the west side walkway could be made adequate, the lack of maintenance of the walkway, the un-trimmed shrubbery along the path, soil sliding on to the walkway, all contribute to a narrowed walkway and containing loose material that is a trip hazard for many of the users.
- Walkway is not maintained
- Shrubbery is overgrown
- Soil and debris spills on to walkway
- Causes walkway to narrow to 18”
- East side at the “Y” is uneven, narrow, and not ADA compliant
Positives of Solution:
- Properly maintained walkway would allow strollers, walkers, wheelchairs, to use the walkway
- This walkway is used by seniors and loose debris can cause hazards if left on walkway
Scope and Cost:
Click on the File link below to see the full Safety Issue and proposed solution options. Have a suggestion or concern? Enter your Comment below.