This Safety Issue is still being documented and photos will be added once the school session starts. I you have photos of the bus stop in action, please send to safety@UnivPark.org.
- Sidewalks are virtually non-existent
- Curbs and associated walk area are narrow, in disrepair and un-usable
- not even close to ADA compliant
- Parents and children have to stand and walk in the roadway
- Alameda Traffic speed to high for children using bus stop
- Hazardous ingress/egress for Clayton residents turning on to Alameda
- New construction allowed on corner without upgrade of sidewalk or curb
If Safety Issue #1 is implemented, it would greatly improve the prospects for a safer Clayton intersection. Fewer lanes to cross when exiting/entering Clayton and lower speed on Alameda (Safety Issue #1 and #4).
Proposed Solution Option:
Making the curbs and sidewalks ADA compliant and designating a safe parent/children bus waiting area would greatly improve safety at this intersection.
Signage on Alameda for 25 mph when children present is also justified for a school bus stop, especially due to the young age of the children and the nature of the bus stop locaton.
Click on the File link below to see the full Safety Issue and proposed solution options. Have a suggestion or concern? Enter your Comment below.