The Crosswalks at Santa Cruz Ave and Sand Hill Road put pedestrians and cyclists in danger as:
- High speed and high volume of vehicles travel through intersection
- Excessively high collision rates (documented) including a cyclist fatality in 2016 occur at this intersection
- Used by nearby Menlo Commons Senior Center with 120+ seniors
- Confusing and unusual road conditions (curve, lane configuration changes)
- Unsafe crosswalks - partially due to speed, visibility, and design (standard parallel pavement markings are currently present)
- “No Turn on Red” sign is frequently ignored by W-bound Sand Hill Rd vehicles turning onto Santa Cruz Ave.
Click on the File link below to see the full Safety Issue and proposed solution options. Have a suggestion or concern? Enter your Comment below.